Home COMMUNITY Andrew’s fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer still flourishing after 22 years

Andrew’s fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer still flourishing after 22 years

Garvagh man Andrew McClarty has raised over £90,000 in the last twenty-two years for Macmillan Cancer through his annual flower sale.

Andrew held his first fundraiser for MacMillan Cancer twenty-two years ago after he saw the ‘care’ and ‘compassion’ his father received from Macmillan Nurses, whilst receiving cancer treatment.

This weekend (May 28 & 29), Andrew will yet again prepare to sell a large selection of plants and shrubs on behalf of the cancer charity.

This year the flower sale will take place from Andrews home which is located at 84 Mettican Road, Garvagh, from 7 am to 6 pm over the two day sale.

The fundraising manager, Maria Small, on behalf of Macmillan Cancer said; “I spoke with Andrew only yesterday and he told me that he will never forget the support of the Macmillan nurse who looked after his dad and family throughout one of the hardest times in his life and that he still sees and chats to her regularly – such is the bond that a Macmillan nurse forms with their patients and their families.

“I can’t even begin to tell you how many hours Andrew puts into his sale – he also gets huge support from his family, and his army of helpers every sale day. Everyone at Macmillan would like to wish Andrew well wish his sale and say a Massive Thank You to him for his continued support, especially over the past 16 months.”