20.7 C
Ballymoney
Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Ballymoney woman to represent Dubai at Rose of Tralee festival
B

Aileen Mc Alister (28) from Ballymoney has been selected to represent Dubai, UAE in the International Rose of Tralee Festival which runs from 19th-23rd August this year.

The Rose of Tralee Festival celebrates modern young women in terms of their aspirations, ambitions, intellect, social responsibility, and Irish heritage. 

- Advertisement -

The Festival is an international event that is celebrated among Irish communities all over the world. The festival, held annually in the town of Tralee in County Kerry, takes its inspiration from a 19th-century ballad of the same name about a woman called Mary, who because of her beauty was called “The Rose of Tralee”.

- Advertisement -

Speaking to Geoffrey Moffett at Causeway Coast CommunityAileen said “I am so pleased and privileged to represent Dubai, UAE in the Rose of Tralee Festival 2022. I moved there in August 2019, as a primary school teacher happily embracing every opportunity that comes my way.

“I have a passion for connecting with others through my love of Irish dancing, music, and exercise. I bring a taste of home to Dubai and have grown a community by introducing an Irish Dance fitness class called ‘ReelRobics’ to the UAE.

- Advertisement -

“I love helping others and was fortunate to lead Living Youth Teams on humanitarian trips to Ethiopia and Romania on behalf of Habitat for Humanity.

“Both are unique yet unforgettable experiences. I hope to revisit these projects again one day. I have lots of interests such as; netball, boxing, Gaelic football, travelling, singing, and playing music.

Concluding she said “It will be broadcast on RTE, social media, and national newspapers. I will be interviewed live on stage by Dáithí ó Sé and showcase my talent for Irish dance fitness to the live audience and people watching at home. There are 32 other roses from different counties and countries throughout the world with Irish connections taking part.”

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

LATEST