17.6 C
Ballymoney
Wednesday, August 5, 2020

BARK receive £43,966 for kennel refurbishment
B

Local animal shelter charity BARK have received just under £44,000 to complete their refurbishment of their rehoming kennels at their Benvarden base.

The Charity BARK, which operates out of what many will remember as the Old Safari Park, has been upgrading their kennels little by little for sometime, as and when funds have allowed.

- Advertisement -

The Charity, who receives no government funding, relays entirely on public donations through fundraising including their charity shop based in Ballymoney.

- Advertisement -

In order to complete their desired refurbishment, the charity applied to ‘Charity Support Adoption for Pets‘, which itself a charity, was set up in 2006 by Pets for Home.

BARK was successful in their applications and revived the amount needed to complete the work on the kennels.

- Advertisement -

On behalf of BARK, a spokesperson said,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Trustees at the Charity Support Adoption for Pets and also Laura Messenger Grant Funding Coordindator.

We approached Support Adoption for Pets for a grant to refurbish our Rehoming Kennels. By refurbishing these kennels it would mean getting the sheds insulated before winter and giving the dogs much larger space to run around inside so that their stay with us would more comfortable until finding their new homes. By the time I was finished getting quotes, the refurbishments costs where sitting at £43,966.

I am delighted to say that the Charity Support Adoption forPets has granted us this amount.

Am so excited for the dogs to get these new warm kennels!

BARK also operated an Animal Ambulance which provided stray and lost dogs service on behalf of Causeway Coast & Glens Borough Council.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

LATEST

Minister Poots visits North Coast after £2.7M funding announcement

Rural Affairs Minister Edwin Poots MLA has visited towns and villages across Northern Ireland’s North Coast to see how £2.7million funding provided...

RBL Bennet House sale to proceed

A statement by the Board of Trustees of Bennet House in Portrush, have confirmed the process to sell the property is to...

Proposed Accelerated recovery plan for reopening of leisure facilities passed at council meeting

At the latest full council meeting, a proposal by DUP Councillor John McAuley, passed which could see the recovery plan to reopened...

Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council opens online Book of Condolence for John Hume

The Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council Alderman Mark Fielding has opened an online Book of Condolence in memory of John Hume. Alderman Fielding said: “I wish to extend my sympathy to John Hume’s wife and family, friends and colleagues on this sad occasion. “John was a very…