17.7 C
Ballymoney
Monday, May 16, 2022

CAN take home three accolades from ‘glittering’ CO3 leaderships awards
C

Ballymoney charity, Compass Advocacy Network (CAN), picked up two wins and a comendation at Thursday nights CO3 Leadership awards (March 24).

CAN provide resources and support for those with learning difficulties through various projects & services—for those aged 12 and above.

- Advertisement -

Attending the CO3 awards yesterday evening were CEO Janet Scholfield, Linda Mckendry-Director of Services, Kevin Duffy-Director of Enterprise and Michaella Dooey-Resource Manager.

- Advertisement -

The sold-out event held at the Europa Hotel in Belfast had a theme this year of ‘Stepping Up’ and saw CAN take home three regional awards

Those were Leading Forward in Transformation across Health & Social Care (Winner), Covid Champion (Winner) and Social Entrepreneur of the Year (Commended).

- Advertisement -

Following the ceremony Director of Services Linda tookto social media to post the following: “I really can’t believe it but last night I won the award for Covid Champion at the Co3 awards and its not often I am speechless but I truly am on this occasion.

“I really do love my job and to be recognised by my peers means the world to me.

“I have the most amazing team behind me and this is dedicated to them working their a$$es off throughout the pandemic and ensuring that our members had a service everyday.“

The charity also announced recently they had bought a farm, expected to be a new base and home for their members.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

LATEST