Home COMMUNITY Causeway Cycling Clubhelp Paul’s charity effort

Causeway Cycling Clubhelp Paul’s charity effort

Causeway Cycling Club will be taking to the roads shortly to support a club member raise funds for a vital charity.

Club member Paul Quinn from Ballycastle tragically lost his wife and Uncle in a road accident. Now he is attempting to raise money for the Air Ambulance and his club mates are pulling together.

Causeway Cycling Club is staging a coffee morning cycle in the coming weeks (date to be announced shortly).

Members and guests will cycle between 30 and 40 miles before returning to the Sperrin Club in Coleraine for refreshments. Riders will then be asked to donate to the charity.

“It was only 18 months ago I was involved in a road traffic collision and lost my beautiful wife Tracey and Uncle Fred,” explained Paul.

“We are so fortunate to have the Air Ambulance available for everyone in
Northern Ireland.

“This vital service is able to get to remote locations and is dependant on fund raising to keep it operational.”

Causeway Cycling Club chairman Robert Downes is delighted to help Paul – who is also running the Extreme North (Quest) which is four Half Marathons in four days for Air Ambulance – try and raise funds.

“Paul suffered a tragic loss and the club is pleased to be able to help Paul raise funds for this worthy cause,” said Robert.

“Before Covid, Air Ambulance was actually our club’s main charity.

“Now that lockdown is over, we hope to once again get back out in 2023 staging our Sportive and supporting Air Ambulance.

“I am hoping we get a good turn out on the day to support Paul.”

Further details and the date of the club cycle will be posted on the
Causeway Cycling Club Facebook page.