Home COMMUNITY Coffee for Air Ambulance NI

Coffee for Air Ambulance NI

A coffee morning will be held to raise funds for the Air Ambulance NI on Saturday July 16 from 9am until 1pm.

The event is being organised by local man Paul Quinn and his close friends who are also taking on the Extreme North (Quest) which is four half marathons in four days and takes in the Wild Atlantic Way including Malin Head and Inishowen.

Paul will run with friends Damian Devlin, Kevin Murphy and Paul Humphries and the lads would love to see you all at the coffee morning held in the Ramoan Parish Centre in Ballycastle, where they hope to raise more funds for Air Ambulance NI.

The AANI is a cause close to the Ballyvoy man’s heart after he lost his beloved wife Tracey and his uncle Fred in a devastating road traffic collision in November 2020.

Paul said the Air Ambulance had been enroute to them on that tragic day, but sadly for Paul and his extended family, it became clear that it wasn’t needed.

However, to show his gratitude that such a service exists Paul has chosen to raise money for this charity in the hope that other families can benefit in their hour of need.

Each day for the Air Ambulance costs in the region of £5,500 and £2m is needed each year to keep the service operational.

Paul said: “This service relies entirely on support from the public and local businesses and fundraising such as ours. We’d ask that people donate whatever they can and we’d love to see as many people as possible at the Ramoan Centre on July 16.

“Fellow members of the Ballycastle AC have been so supportive and generous, not only training with me, but some of them have offered to bake for the coffee morning, as well as helping out on the day. I can’t thank them enough and I really appreciate their support.”

So if you’re at a loose end on Saturday July 16 and fancy a coffee, a bun and a chat then you’ll be made more than welcome. 

Paul concluded: “The more money we collect for the Air Ambulance NI, the better, it’s a fantastic service that we can’t do without. None of us know when our family might need it and raising funds has really given me something to focus on.

“I want to raise as much as I can in memory of Tracey and Fred – I would like something positive to come out of all of this tragedy, members of the community have been so supportive in the wake of Tracey and Fred’s death, it feels good to be able to give something back in the form of some funding for a vital life saving service in our area.”