11.5 C
Ballymoney
Monday, October 25, 2021

Councillor Mulholland ‘delighted’ to attend National Citizen Service
C

Councillor Mulholland says that she was ‘delighted’ to attend the Coleraine National Citizen Service.

Speaking the SDLP Councillor said,

- Advertisement -

“Delighted to represent the Mayor at Coleraine National Citizen Service in Ballysally Youth and Community Centre yesterday evening. Many congratulations to the team, in its third phase – Social Action – and for taking up the heartfelt campaign against single use plastics.

- Advertisement -

“I would like to thank Chloe and her Team for inviting me to say a few words and as Chair of Environmental Services Committee, this is an issue I ampassionate about.

“Go for a walk and you will encounter things like plastic bottles, coffee cups andstraws. These often aren’t or cannot be recycled and sometimes end up in our riversand oceans.

- Advertisement -

“Here they can enter the food chain…so if you like fish you may well beeating plastic too! There are alternatives. Life is about choices and the choices we make have a hugeimpact on our community.

“I would encourage any young person to find out more about NCS and what it can offer you. See link below. https://www.ncsyes.co.uk/

“Great to be joined by my party colleague Stephaine Quigley and Edward Montgomery from the Honourable Irish Society who help to fund this initiative.”

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

LATEST