Home COMMUNITY Hargey – Resources will be targeted at those most in need

Hargey – Resources will be targeted at those most in need

Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has said that those most impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic and economic crisis will not be denied access to advice support services.

Minister Hargey said: “It is clear that the draft budget presents very significant challenges for the Executive and across departments with a constrained Spending Review outcome, however one area that I see as being of vital importance is the provision of advice support services that are crucial to helping those people most impacted. My focus has always been on protecting those in most need I will ensure these critical services continue next year as an essential element of DfC’s budget.

“The Draft 2021-2022 Executive Budget is currently out for consultation and all responses will be taken into account in finalising the Budget. No decisions on the final outcome have been made yet.  Now is the chance for people to have their say on how the Draft Executive Budget will impact them, which will help shape final outcome.”

The Minister added: “I will continue to fight to protect those most affected by the Covid-19 pandemic and current economic crisis – families living in poverty; low-income families, single-parent families, those with disabilities and children and young people. I will work hard to ensure the necessary resources are targeted towards those most in need.”