The Royal College of Nursing (RCN), Unison, Unite and NIPSA have announced that they intend to take strike action on Wednesday 18 December.
A number of local services across the council area will be affected due to this strike action. These include:
Emergency Nurse Practitioner streams in Antrim Area Hospital and Causeway Emergency Departments will not be operational and Dalriada MS respite beds will capped at 6.
Across Northern Ireland, the wider impacted areas are oulined below by the trust below.
- 325 outpatient appointments have been cancelled (not red flag)
- 52 Inpatient procedures and day cases have been cancelled (not red flag)
- 43 endoscopy (all categories including red flag and urgent)
This includes the following specialties; General surgery, Dermatology, Diabetic clinics, ENT, Gastro, Neurology, Haematology, Trauma and orthopaedics, Fractures, Rheumatology, Thoracic medicine and Paediatrics.
- District nursing 867 routine visits to be rescheduled – routine calls wound care, simple dressings, routine bloods, equipment reviews, continence assessments.
- 1,544 treatment room appointments have not been made available, centralised service available for critical need only.
- A large number of people across the Trust area who have care packages delivered by the Trust’s Homecare Service will not get their lunchtime call. Those impacted are being contacted directly and advised to plan for that eventuality.
- Dalriada MS respite beds capped at 6.
- Impact on routine community social work activity – There will be 32 adult social work reviews cancelled and 24 new referral slots will not be available.
- Reduced ambulatory care capacity.
- Very limited hospital social work cover, will reduce ability to effect complex discharges.
Mental health and learning disability
- Community mental health clinic in Larne in not operational
- Same day assessments will be facilitated
- Promote and Intensive Support service is not available, 14 appointments have been rescheduled
- Approximately 160 non-emergency referrals, planned visits, reviews, case conferences and contact arrangements will be rescheduled.
- 2 Court appearances postponed
- All emergency safeguarding responses and essential visits will be responded to
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) & Children’s Early Intervention Service
- 116 new, routine and review appointments will be rescheduled
- Emergency referrals will be responded to
Children’s Speech and Language Therapy
- 20 routine appointments will be rescheduled – All patients have been contacted
- A small number of children have had their respite break at Whitehaven rescheduled