UUP Councillor, Richard Holmes, has posted an update, on what was discussed and decided at tonights Special Full Council meeting.
Posting on social media the Councillor said:
“Attending a special meeting of Full Council tonight to hear an update on how the council is dealing with the Corona-19 virus.
“We agreed a raft of proposals including how to maintain critical functions such as waste collection and registration of births and burials.
Numerous facilities will close immediately including:
- Leisure centres (as of this morning)
- Tourist Info Centres
- Flowerfield and Roe Vally Arts Centre
- Community Centres on a case by case basis
- Town halls (except for scheduled weddings)
- Some public toilets being closed (we’ve struggled to keep them supplied with toilet rolls and soap!)
- Events programme kept under review
- Facilities will be used where possible to support government efforts to deal with the virus
“Council meetings will reduce in frequency and some voting take place via email. This is a marathon and what we see in other countries is frightening. But the nation will get through it.”