Ten more schools in the Causeway Coast & Glens area have been included in the further consultation which was launched on Wednesday, January 26 to introduce further part-time 20mph speed limits.
In September 2021, Infrastructure Minister, Nichola Mallon announced the rollout of Phase 2 of the part-time 20mph speed limit scheme at 106 schools across Northern Ireland. The total number of schools benefiting from the road safety scheme introduced by Minister Mallon to date is 209.
The Causeway Coast & Glens schools involved in the consultation are :
- Ballymoney High School – Garryduff Road
- Landhead Primary School – Dunaghy
- Lislagan Primary School – Ballymoney
- Straidbilly Primary School – Liscolman
- Irish Society Primary School – Coleraine
- Mill Strand Integrated Primary School – Portrush
- St Conors College, Kilrea
- Armoy Primary School, Armoy
- Limavady Grammar School, Limavady
- Gaelcholaiste Dhoire & Gaelscoil Neachtain, Dungiven.
The closing date for the consultation is February 16, 2022 at 5pm.