8 C
Ballymoney
Sunday, November 29, 2020

First and Deputy First ministers set out a 5 step plan to exit lockdown
F

Appearing before the Assembly, The First and Deputy First Ministers have set out their five step plan to exit the current lockdown restrictions but these will not include dates. The First Minister also confirmen that the current restriction will continue to remain in place.

First Minister Arlene Foster said: “We recognise how difficult the current restrictions are. But those restrictions, and the determined people of Northern Ireland who have adhered to them, have saved lives and continue to do so.

“We don’t want to keep any restriction in place any longer than we have to, but in relaxing any measure we must be cognisant of the potential effects in the transmission of the virus and our ability to save lives.


The Executive’s recovery strategy sets out a pathway for us to emerge from lockdown in the safest way possible. This will require a series of judgements and decisions as we move forward. These decisions will be evidence based, taking account of our unique circumstances here in Northern Ireland.

“As we embark on our phased recovery, we will remain focused on the health and wellbeing of our population; the impacts on our society; and our economy as a whole. Above all else, our priority will be saving lives.”

- Advertisement -

Deputy First Minister Michelle O’Neill said: “We don’t underestimate the impact that the severe restrictions have had on everyone across our society. While they are still absolutely necessary, it is important that we give people hope for the future.

“Today we have set out our pathway for future recovery which gives an indication of how the restrictions on different aspects of life may be eased at various stages.

“The incremental five-step approach reflects the risk-based judgements we will make at each stage. These decisions will be evidenced by medical and scientific advice and benchmarked against our guiding principles and international best practice.

- Advertisement -

“The Executive’s strategy is not time bound because it’s vital that we retain the flexibility needed to respond to the complex emerging situation based on all relevant evidence.

“Our recovery from Coronavirus will require a real partnership effort with the community. We are appealing to the public to please be patient. Keep adhering to the restrictions, follow the public health advice and stay at home. We will keep you updated every step of the way when we are in a position to slowly and carefully move out of lockdown.”

The full document can be read HERE:

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

LATEST

Dodds welcomes guidance for users and providers of click and collect services during the circuit breaker

Economy Minister Diane Dodds has welcomed the publication of guidance for users and providers of click and collect services during the circuit breaker.

Mallon opens five million pound financial assistance scheme for Private Coach and Bus Operators

Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon  has opened a £5m financial assistance scheme for Private Coach and Bus Operators. Eligible private coach and bus operators...

Covid-19 related deaths: week ending 20th November

Latest figures published today by NISRA show that 100 deaths involving Covid-19 occurred in the last week from 14th to 20th November,...

DUP Councillor says there ’appears to be some sort of a feud’ following pipe bomb incidents

DUP Councillor John McAuley has called for calm after the villages of Dervock and Derrykeighan were brought to a standstill causing...