16 C
Ballymoney
Thursday, August 6, 2020

Evening Traffic Disruption starts next week in Ballymoney
E

 Regional Development Minister Danny Kennedy announced the start of a £75,000 major urban resurfacing scheme on B66 Bann Road/Milltown Road, Ballymoney.

The work is due to begin on 17 August 2015, from Ballybrakes Road to Bann Meadows and is approximately 0.6kilometres in length.

- Advertisement -

The Minister said: “This scheme in the Causeway Coast and Glens Council area will greatly improve the surface quality of the carriageway on part of this important road in Ballymoney town.”

- Advertisement -

Bann Road will be closed to Ballymoney bound traffic only, each night from 1800hrs until 2400hrs from 18 to 21 August inclusive. Also a full road closure of both Bann/Milltown Roads will be in place from midnight to 0600hrs on the nights of 19 to 22 August inclusive to facilitate this scheme. During the closure a signed traffic diversion will be in operation for through traffic. Local access particularly to Milltown Business Park will be accommodated as far as practicably possible.

The scheme is expected to be substantially completed on 22 August 2015.

- Advertisement -

The above planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and Transport NI will keep the public informed of any change.

Transport NI has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, including undertaking the majority of the works in off peak night time hours. However, motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

LATEST

Woman airlifted to Antrim Area hospital after being recovered from Browns Bay Islandmagee.

A woman was recovered from the sea at Browns Bay Islandmagee earlier this evening by the Larne RNLI lifeboat, after getting into...

Education Minister sets out proposal for schools to return to normal from August 31st

Education Minister Peter Weir today said he wants all schools to return to more normal patterns of operation and attendance from the...

Latest COVID-19 cases a ‘wake up call’ says Health Minister

Health Ministers, Robin Swann, has warned that the latest totals relating to COVID-19 cases should provide a “wake-up call for the complacent”,

Face masks mandatory from next Monday

First Minister Arlene Foster has announced that face coverings/masks are to become mandatory in retail premises from Monday August 10th.