16 C
Ballymoney
Thursday, August 6, 2020

Man Missing In Ballymoney
M

 Police trying to establish the whereabouts of a 66-year-old man who has been missing from his Ballymoney home since Friday have expanded their enquiries.Norman Galbraith left his home at Queen’s Avenue at about 10pm to go to a local shop and has not been seen since.

Mr Galbraith normally takes medication for high blood pressure and is thought to have injured his head in an unrelated incident several days beforehand.

- Advertisement -

He is described as being of a small, thin build and has grey hair. When last seen he was wearing a navy fleece, navy tracksuit bottoms and black shoes.

- Advertisement -

Detective Inspector Conor McStravick said: “Mr Galbraith is originally from the Castlerock area and is known to have walked there previously from his Ballymoney home. He formerly lived at Ballywillan Road, Castlerock.
“We are asking people in the rural area between Ballymoney and Castlerock to check any outbuildings or sheds in case Mr Galbraith sought shelter in them.
“Mr Galbraith does not have access to a vehicle. Our appeal is also to anyone who saw him on foot in Ballymoney or along the north coast at any time since 10pm on Friday, or perhaps offered him a lift, to get in touch with us. Please call the police 101 number and mention the reference 1123 of August 1 2015.”

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

LATEST

Woman airlifted to Antrim Area hospital after being recovered from Browns Bay Islandmagee.

A woman was recovered from the sea at Browns Bay Islandmagee earlier this evening by the Larne RNLI lifeboat, after getting into...

Education Minister sets out proposal for schools to return to normal from August 31st

Education Minister Peter Weir today said he wants all schools to return to more normal patterns of operation and attendance from the...

Latest COVID-19 cases a ‘wake up call’ says Health Minister

Health Ministers, Robin Swann, has warned that the latest totals relating to COVID-19 cases should provide a “wake-up call for the complacent”,

Face masks mandatory from next Monday

First Minister Arlene Foster has announced that face coverings/masks are to become mandatory in retail premises from Monday August 10th.