Home COMMUNITY Alliance Representatives Congratulate Ballymoney Retailers on High Street Heroes Win

Alliance Representatives Congratulate Ballymoney Retailers on High Street Heroes Win

Alliance representatives Sian Mulholland MLA and Cllr Lee Kane have congratulated the retail business of Ballymoney following the town’s success at the Retail NI High Street Heroes Awards.

W&J Walker was named Northern Ireland’s Best Homeware Retailer, while The Winsome Lady was shortlisted in both the Best Fashion Retailer and Overall Independent Retailer categories. The big prize of the night- Best High Street- was won by Ballymoney.

Sian Mulholland MLA, Alliance-North Antrim, who attended the awards ceremony alongside Ballymoney Alliance Councillor Lee Kane, said:

“What a wonderful achievement for W&J Walkers, eThe Winsome Lady, and the entire Ballymoney retail community. I am delighted that the hard work, over decades, has been recognised by Retail NI voters, and that the great shopping town of Ballymoney is being celebrated.

“The shops, cafes, restaurants, and businesses are the beating heart of the town, and of the community. Congratulations to them all on this great honour.”

Cllr Lee Kane added: “I have a very early memory of my parents taking me to Willie Walker’s to pick out the wallpaper for my first bedroom, when I was about 4 years old. Over the years, W&J Walkers, The Winsome Lady and so many other shops across the town have been the backdrop to our lives, and some of life’s big moments.

“I am thrilled to see the retailers of the town celebrated with these awards, a real testament to the way our High Street has bounced back after some difficult times over the past few years. I pay tribute to everyone involved, particularly to Winnie for her leadership, in making Ballymoney the great place to shop it is once again.

“We have more to do, and I look forward to continuing to work with the business community to do whatever I can to maintain and develop our town centre, and to promote it as the great wee place we all know it to be.”