Home COMMUNITY Ballymoney Wins High Street Of The Year

Ballymoney Wins High Street Of The Year

Ballymoney has won Retail NIs High Street of the year award at this year’s High Street Heros ceremony.

The Winners Event was held this evening (23rd August) in Belfast Harbour Commissioners Office.

The public had their say as over 12,000 entries were submitted in this year’s competition to crown the finest independent retailers, stores, coffee shops, bakeries, and butchers in Northern Ireland.

Ballyminey were runners up last year in the same category behind joint winners Coleraine Newtownards but have walked away this year with the coveted prize.

WJ Walkers also won in their category, Best Homeware Retailer.

Ballymoney DUP Cllr Mervyn Storey has congratulated W J Walkers in winning at tonight’s 2023 High Street Heroes campaign organised by Retail NI and Ballymoney Town ithe High Street of the year.

“I had no doubt Walkers and Ballymoney would be winners.

“What an achievement for Walkers, this family business is at the heart of Ballymoney and has been a rightful winner.

“It was also a joy to see Ballymoney win High St of the year.

“As far back as 2015 I was pleased to be able to secure money to assist our local traders in Ballymoney in the revitalization scheme. This allowed shop owners including Walkers to do work on the outside of their property and it was very much welcomed at the time. This and the hard work and determination of our local shop owners has resulted iin this recognition.

“While Winsome Lady did not win, Winne was righty praised by Glyn Roberts of Retail NI for her leadership and commitment to Ballymoey.

“Congratulations to all and as I have always said Ballymoney is NO 1”