Home COMMUNITY Ballymoney Foodbank demand ‘Increased dramatically’

Ballymoney Foodbank demand ‘Increased dramatically’

Peter Rollins, Ballymoney Foodbank

Peter Rollins, a director of Ballymoney Foodbank, has provided an ‘end of summer’ update, as demand for its services have ‘increased dramatically’.

The Foodbank locates on the Ballymena Road, has provided food parcels to those struggling to put food on the table since it launched in 2014.

“Our numbers increased dramatically over the last 3 months. In June we gave out food to 389 people, in July 228 and in August 252. That was 859 people receiving help totalling 6,839 kgs of food (almost 7 tonnes). This was just food alone and this weight didn’t take into account the bread, fresh produce and toiletries also distributed with each food parcel.” Said Peter announcing the previous three month figures.

“Whilst we have given out so much your donations have continued to be fantastic! We continue to receive tremendous support from so many individuals, churches and other organisations. A massive ‘thank you’ to all who support Foodbank either by donations of food, toiletries or financial gifts, we really do appreciate all you do.

“Again I can’t forget Tesco who continue to support us by facilitating a Foodbank collection point and most recently at our 3 day collection in store.

“Foodbank could not operate without our fantastic team of dedicated volunteers and I would like to thank each one of you for the amazing work you do within our community and especially over the last few, extremely busy months.

In conclusion Peter reminded those in need of support from the Foodbank of contact details and opening times:

“In the meantime anyone needing our help can contact me on 07565840571. Our opening times are 10-12 noon Tuesdays and 2-4 p.m. Fridays.”